A site map is a directory of your website. Search engines can use the site
map in order to improve their indexing of your website. A site map is
automatically generated for you as you edit your site. Below, you will find
instructions for submitting this site map to the major search engines.
The URL for your sitemap is
- Sign into "Google Webmaster Tools" with your Google account.
do not have a Google account, Click here to sign up for one.)
- Add your site to your account if you have not previously done so.
- Click the "Add a Sitemap" link beside the site you want to submit.
- Choose the "Add General Web Sitemap" option from the dropdown.
- Enter the "SiteMap URL" from above into the field labeled "My Sitemap URL
is:". Be sure to replace www.yoursite.com with your website address. Make
sure you include the entire URL, including the "http://" portion
- Click "Add Web Sitemap".
If you add or remove sections, menu items, or pages, you should re-submit
your sitemap in the following manner:
Sign into " Google Webmaster Tools" with your Google account and from the
Sitemap Tab, select the checkbox beside it and click the "Resubmit Selected"
button. The submitted date will update to reflect this latest
- Sign into Yahoo Site Explorer with your Yahoo account. (If you do not
have a Yahoo account, Click here to sign up for one.)
- Enter the entire SiteMap URL from above into the Submit Site Feed text box.
- Click the Submit Feed button.
Go to the Live Search
Webmaster Central and login or create an account. Enter the entire
SiteMap URL into the Sitemap address field. Click the Submit